Thunder Dragon Rally





Delhi: rally start minus two.

18 months in the planning and it's almost here. This will be a very different type of rally for me though as I'm part of the organisation. I know north east India and Bhutan extremely well having visited the area on numerous occasions and have travelled the rally route several times.  Its an area I am passionate about and I look forward to showing it off. 

Because I will going ahead of the pack most of the time Adrian has a new co-driver/navigator - George, my last born.  George is coming over from his current home in New York to take part in his first rally. He actually played a crucial part in Peking to Paris when he flew out to Almaty, Kazakhstan, with a new gear box in his suitcase for our Model A plus some sundry parts for other competitors. But his time with the rally was fleeting. 

Adrian and I have been in Delhi for a few days, visiting friends, before flying to Kolkata, the rally start, in a few hours.  Long distance endurance rallying is quite a small world and many of the competitors have become firm friends from previous events. Reunions are joyful, but this one is tempered because two dear friends have had to cancel at the last minute because of family illness. We will miss them.

It's all very exciting. I want the rally to be safe and happy, the skies to be clear and the cars to be trouble free.  One other small thing.  Please, please tigers of Sunderbans, we've travelled from across the world and we'd love to see you.  Not too much to ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 day ceremony

To Bhutan...